Convergence? What convergence.

Jim Clark jimbo at wfc.com.tw
Wed Sep 6 05:53:09 PDT 2000

There has been a few notes on convergence, all of which I found helpful recently
when doing a two day meeting with our Department Heads.

Well originally it was a two day meeting, then the day before the meeting I
found out it needed to be a day and a half meeting.

This was a little concerning for me, as the morning of the first day was going
to be "lost" to speeches.  So basically I had one afternoon and one morning.

We had three sessions planned for the afternoon, and then convergence and action
planning the following morning.

All of the participants but four had been in previous Open Space events, so the
topics went up in record speed, and they dove right in.

With the last session coming to an end, the sponsor said to me, "I'm not sure
what more they can do tomorrow.  I'm reading their reports, and bumble beeing
into their groups, and they seem to be on track."  I suggested, "Well lets put
it to the group to see if they feel complete."

Our evening news became our closing circle.

There will be "VP Meetings" in three weeks at which time the initiators will
give progress reports on how they are doing.  My guess is that their passion
will carry them through.

So, I guess it comes back to what was said earlier...context, context, context.

Jimbo