open space technology and peace

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 2 19:28:41 PDT 2000

Dear friends and colleagues,
when I was first trained in Open Space Technology by Harrison, I made a
commitment. My commitment was to do as many Open Space Technology meetings
in the world as possible and encourage as many others as possible to
facilitate OST meetings. My belief was and is that if there are enough Open
Space Technology meetings in the world that enough people participate in
them, WE WILL ACHIEVE WORLD PEACE.  I believe that the only reason we don't
have PEACE is because we as a people have not yet chosen PEACE as our
preference.

In Open Space Technology meetings, people access their inner greatness. I
have witnessed time and again, the desire to resolve conflicts, to move
beyond judgement. A comment that I hear frequently is "in this meeting, I
was heard". People want to be heard, understood, accepted and loved. People
seek love. It is my belief that behaviours and attitudes shift as a result
of being in Open Space Technology meetings, no matter what the subject
matter.It doesn't actually have to be about PEACE.

I desire peace and harmony in the world. I commit again to doing as much
work with Open Space Technology as possible in my quest for Peace and as
something I can offer. I cannot bring someone to wanting peace. I can,
however, offer the opportunity for them to get to this point themselves.

Birgitt

Birgitt Williams
Make Genuine Contact!
Dalar Associates: organizational
effectiveness consultants

Striving for Success? Ready to exceed
your expectations?

Contact us for consulting services, training,
conference and meeting facilitation,
and keynote speaking.

www.openspacetechnology.com