Translations

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Wed Nov 29 23:37:40 PST 2000

Artur--

To make matters more confusing, "people" in English is used both as a plural
for person (which also has persons as a plural) and also with the meaning of
the population of a nation, as in Portugese.

English is really a hybrid language, Germanic in its base but with many words
imported from Latin and other Romance languages, so the two sets of rules are
often combined in confusing useage.

Joelle

2.  Sign in and Proceed