OSonOS VIII at Berlim to OSONOS IX at Vancouver

Artur F. Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Wed Nov 29 15:59:06 PST 2000

Hi Michael Pannwitz, Hi Chris, Hi all

Today I have been giving a "practical" classe - students were working in
groups and I was free to reed. The Berlim OS proocedings, by the way.

My fiirst comment his: it is a splendid resource material, where one can
have details of every session. Of course I read it, very quickly, at OSonOS.
But now it has now a different overral meaning...

First a question both for those of you that have been at berlim and those
that have't. How many oy have received and read the material's. Don't answer;
only for you to think about.?

Some suggestions to Vancoveur (not criticisms to Berlin):

- the forms for the conclusions are great; but the letter is not always
understandable; as the summaries are normally short, it would't be difficult
to key them into a computer. Then It would be easier to read, AND it could be
sent, as attachments,  for a small fee, to the ones that couldn't go there;

- the ideis of a simmultaneous forum Web based to berlin, that I aproved
at the time, seams to me, now, a bad ideia. I think that this list,
must be the "Wold wide discussion forum for OSONOS" ans post-Osonos
discussion.

- and that any participant of the gattering must be asked to subscibre
these list
and participate in the post-conference (so, suspending the "OSONOS" list)
created before the event..

If think that in this case we all, as a comunity, can learn more from the
discussions at Berlim, and even profound some of them.

I think that one or two reports drived on me some further thinkings.
Do you think it is still worthwile to discuss that; or wait for next event?

Regards

Artur