Languages (translated)

Erich Kolenaty e.kolenaty at train.at
Fri Nov 17 22:16:46 PST 2000

May be a translation is helpful:

Yes, it is an extra challenge to think, understand  and write in another
language. Especially, when it is not small talk.
Professional questions and answers always need precise descriptions and
wordings. This is not always easiliy to go
for me in english and sometimes has been a bar to participate in discussion.
But I am learning continouisly, thats the good news.

And it makes me feel good, when sometimes somebody notices and appreciates
that people from other languages have to take a little hurdle to be there.
(this might be one of the reasons why so few folks e.g. from south of europe
are on the list)

thank you and greetings to everybody from Vienna
Erich

> Ja, es ist eine extra Herausforderung in einer anderen Sparche zu denken,
> verstehen und schreiben. Besonders, wenn es sich nicht um Alltagsgespräche
> handelt.  Professionelle Fragestellungen und Antworten brauchen oft
präzise
> Bechreibungen und Formulierungen. Das ist für mich nicht immer leicht auf
> englisch und war machmal schon ein Hindernis, mich an der Diskussion zu
> beteiligen . Aber ich lerne täglich dazu. Das ist die gute Nachricht
dabei.

> Es freut mich sehr, wenn gelegentlich jemand bemerkt und anerkennt, dass
> Leute aus anderen Sprachräumen eine kleine Hürde nehmen müssen, um dabei
zu
> sein. (Das dürfte wahrscheinlich auch der Grund sein, warum so wenige
Leute