2 hour OS

Jeff Aitken ja at svn.net
Sat Mar 18 01:02:52 PST 2000

Don: I was invited to open space for two hours in January, and decided to
ask the sponsors to extend to three. 75 people attended to talk about
sustainable development in the county. The intro, bulletin board and
marketplace took forty minutes, and we had two 45-minute periods in which
15 topics were investigated. We then took announcements, had a feedback
circle, and closed. The topics were juicy and the notes are posted on an
email list of attendees for further work. The evening felt rich and
spacious.

If I were to design 2 hours I would start with 30 minutes each for intro,
two sessions, closing, and be flexible about all of it! Sometimes a group
is well served because it takes time and thoughtfulness during the
marketplace, sometimes a group motors thru and gets right into sessions,
sometimes they decide to stay together and go thru the topics one by one...

Jeff

-
Jeff Aitken
PO Box 1092