Givens re egroups

Chris Corrigan corcom at interchange.ubc.ca
Fri Jun 30 12:43:02 PDT 2000

Diane:

I thank you for raising the idea of givens around egroups etc...we should
walk our talk after all.

For me, I actually found OSLIST by surfing, so I have a soft spot for making
it open.  However, I'm careful with my stories to not "out" organizations or
communities I'm working with where there is no comfort.  One of the
traditional givens about OS meetings is that in general, the information
cannot be contained, and I take that to extend to the culture of our list
and other Internet interactions.

We can always email privately or phone each other if there's a need to work
within a safer, although more limited, space.

Your contributions on, as always, have been very helpful.

Chris

Diane Gibeault wrote:I agree with you Murli that "OSLIST users, by
definition are not

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN
108-1035 Pacific Street