I need advice . . .

Fr Brian S Bainbridge briansb at mira.net
Wed Jun 28 16:29:19 PDT 2000

For Laurel Doersam
Dear Laurel
A note from the southern part of our world about your challenge.
Michael Herman's note was utterly on target, in my view, and he got most of the
story and success just right - as he always does, I think.
My additional comment :
The second rule of Open Space ("Whatever happens.....") is really no less
important than the others, but I have always tried to live it.  It works
wonderfully, even in limited-time situations.
And if you can get some commitment to some possible on-going sessions before the
beginning of the first session, they will find ways of exploring the matters
they need to examine.  And even if you can't, they may well suggest it at the
session - which would be even more powerful.
My limited experience over at least twenty years is that if the spirit of the
participants is engaged, magic/surprise/amazing outcomes occur, many of which
were never in the minds of the sponsors or the space-maker.  That's the
marvellousness of what we are blessed with and able to help happen.
Cheers and blessings,   BRIAN.