Aussie examples?

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Mon Jun 26 01:14:49 PDT 2000

Dear Julianne,
I am sure you will get plenty of responses from a number of
Australian colleagues.
The experience I have made concerning "success stories" is dismal. It
seems that you cant convince people with success stories. My approach
is to ask people what they hope to achieve (with their business
planning meeting, as in your case). That brings across the first
inkling of open space not being mainly a "procedure" for holding a
meeting but that perhaps more can be accomplished. Once you are
talking with them about their hopes and aspirations and goals a new
heading might come up for their business meeting. And then, sticking
to the prerequisites for open space, you might talk with them about
who all is to attend. That puts you in the direction of getting more
of the system involved. Well, then you have a basis for counselling
them on whether open space is the right thing for them.
Good Luck and may there be loads of open spaces in Australia
Greetings from Berlin
michael
PS: Just remembered that another of those Commonwealth countries,
Canada, has huge experience with banks going open space in a big
way...ask Larry/Birgitt/.....

--Original Message Text---
From: Julianne Bell
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:39:09 +1000

I've been asked to put forward a proposal to a major Australian bank
to do their forthcoming business planning meetings using Open Space.
As bankers they are eyeing the dollars and want to know of any
examples where OS has been used in Australia and with what type of
financial results.

I have quoted them Harrison's example from earlier in the year ($28m
in two days quietening a concerned CFO), but it would be nice to
offer something closer to home.

Has anyone in Australia or NZ got any success stories they wish to
share with me to help me push this client over the line?  Any
feedback would be greatly appreciated... and I'll let you know how I
go!

Warm regards
Julianne

Julianne Bell
Exceptional Events
Ph:  (07) 3891 0742
Fax:  (07) 3891 6244
Mobile:  0419 645 514
Email:  julianne at bit.net.au

Exceptional events... dynamic spaces in which people connect and
communicate openly.

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK