Switching to egroups

Michelle Cooper coopgrp at interlynx.net
Fri Jun 23 13:57:49 PDT 2000

Thanks to Murli for his attention to this project. While I appreciate Peg's
comments about the wonderful decision making occurring, I was surprised that
Chris Corrigan had not called to order the Committee for How Decision making
on the OSLIST Happens. I for one have not had the opportunity to take the
time to register, either in my brain or on the site with e-groups and we are
now at a decision point it seems. There were many questions that floating
around in thoughts. We talk about this being a community. If we were
consulting to a community about how we might change the way we communicate,
is this the way we would do it?

There are more that 200 people registered on the list and I did not see huge
numbers responding to the question. Are the people who did not respond
assumed to be giving consent in silence? Or does it matter?

I will get to the e-group list soon and it may work in the same way for me
as the OSLIST. I rarely go onto web sites unless I need specific information
because there are so many competing demands on my time. I am not likely to
get to TMN often. However, I am sure many people will respond "Whatever
happens.....".  We do like to use those principles!!

Since this seems to be proceeding anyway, is it time to relook at the givens
of this list, e-group, whatever?  How are we opening and creating safe space
in the new format? I realize that anything we put out here in writing is a
risk and might be used by anyone in any way. There have been some deeply
personal conversations and sharing on the list, which is part of the
richness. Did we say up front conversations would be archived and posted to
a web site? Would this have made a difference to people? Is there anything
else that is important to people participating?

Michelle

Michelle Cooper, RN, MScN
The Cooper Group Consultants
200 Crestview  Avenue
Ancaster, Ontario
Canada L9G1E2
Telephone -     (905) 648- 4633
Fax -           (905) 648-1763
E-mail          coopgrp at interlynx.net
The paradox of control is simple. The more we try to control life, the
less control we have.  Joan Borysenko, Ph.D., Minding The Body, Mending The
Mind