Switching services REDUX

Murli Nagasundaram rismurli at COBFAC.BOISESTATE.EDU
Fri Jun 23 13:00:55 PDT 2000

I find it hard to believe, but I started this whole mess just 10 days ago!
At this point, as due punishment, I feel like offering my posterior for an
Open Space Flagellation - The Law of Two Feet would work soundly in this
case.

Since I posted the message appended below, some things have changed on the
LISTSERV:

OSLIST at listserv.boisestate.edu can now be accessed over the web.  At the
website you may view all postings from 1998 on to the present, subscribe,
unsubscribe, change your options, and post and read messages. In fact, the
archive listings are somewhat better than egroups -- you can sort by
subject, date, or author. The archives are organized by month, which may or
may not be inconvenient. You don't have the other benefits of polling,
listing links, calendar, etc.

In terms of responsiveness, it looks like support from egroups is zero,
although rarely needed, while responsiveness from the Boise State Univ. IT
group is a little bit better but not by much.

Egroups has another advantage that multiple moderators can be assigned so
that you don't have to depend only on me, esp. if I get hit by a truck or
am traveling.

For some strange reason, while I have added every OSLIST at listserv member to
egroups, only 149 are showing up at the egroups website.  I don't know if
this a glitch, or that the rest didn't respond to the invitation.

If I set up a poll, that will gather responses from only the 149 currently
on egroups.  But I'll do it anyway.

doesn't matter either way.  For those who might be using the website too,
Egroups has a slight edge, but no longer as great as it was earlier.

As regards my recommedation -- I reserve it until after the poll.

Murli
List Vassal