For Carol Loughrey

Fr Brian S Bainbridge briansb at mira.net
Wed Jan 26 16:21:40 PST 2000

Dear Carol
I have - as Harrison Owen mentioned - some experience in a number of
quite remarkable situations in Asia.
I'm a little pushed for time today, but will respond directly in the
next 24 hours.
One situation - actually two - involved a 1-day Open Space in Hong Kong
with English as the given language - but much of the discussion took
place in Cantonese and there were considerable (and confidential)
outcomes of a very serious nature.  The other was in Beijing with,
again, English as the the given language.  But most of the sessions were
in Mandarin with people from a wide range of countries, and the final
convergence sessions were in Mandarin and English and were most
successful and meaningful and effective in terms of longer-term action.
The second program was a pair of 2-day Open Space programs for Ukrainian
clergy and workers here in Melbourne Australia attached to the Ukrainian
Eparchate - the Catholic Ukrainian Church in Australia and New Zealand.
It worked wonderfully and with extraordinary impact on all concerned,
and much of the sessioning was in Ukrainian and most of the reporting
and convergence was in that language too.  Of which I can speak nil.
I'll try and put something together about both these experiences and
share them with you directly.
Cheers and blessings,     Fr BRIAN S. BAINBRIDGE