Peg Holman Re: Convergence Design

Fr Brian S Bainbridge briansb at mira.net
Wed Jan 26 16:00:38 PST 2000

Dear Peg,
Glad to hear the system is progressing.
I do wonder how much complexity is now being built into the system you are
applying.  I'm rather with Michael Pannwitz and underlining the "letting-go"
qualities that are seminal to Open Space - as I understand and live it.  Along
with Harrison and Michael and others, I try to live by the
"less-is-better-is-simpler" kind of thinking and doing.
Perhaps some further thinking along those lines - if there is time - may help
simplify it all a bit more.  The large "reading the reports and results" energy
would feel very stultifying to me (and, I suspect< participants) and would
dreadfully feel like more of the same rather than the new way you have been
pioneering with these people called Open Space.
Some thoughts to add to your Wednesday or Thursday......
Cheers and blessings,    BRIAN.