Laptop free OST?

Sheila T. Isakson isakson at juno.com
Tue Feb 22 07:10:58 PST 2000

Chris,
        Hope the sessions with Birgitte are proceeding with much "high play."
My daughter, Emily, is a participant!  Greet her for me, please!
        Regarding your question about doing OST without laptops.  I just
finished a one day Open Space.  I used a form, that was available at the
center of the circle, that asked for the Topic, Name of Convener(s),
Names of Participants and 10 numbered spaces for Summary and or
Conclusions.  Conveners were asked to either fill out the form
(handwritten) themselves or ask someone in the conversation to be the
"recorder."  I then typed the information collected and we posted the
proceedings on a web page.  There were about 15 topics so it was not too
time consuming.  Sometimes it was hard to read the handwriting.  My
preference always is to have laptops available so that the
convener/recorder can type up the summary themselves.  Often they think
of other things to add to the summary.  Always there are trade offs in
shorter Open Space events.  This was my solution to the "time crunch."
        Have a great time in Birgitt's training.

Best regards,
Sheila Isakson
<Isakson at Juno.com>
_________