Laptop free OST?

Ric Giardina ric at spiritemployed.com
Tue Feb 22 06:11:56 PST 2000

Chris Corrigan wrote:

> Anybody done an OS without laptops?  How did you handle the
> proceedings?  Handwritten or what?

Chris,

I had forms made up (with extra backup sheets) which could be filled out
by hand.  It's a good idea to have a photocopier available so you can
post a copy of the handwritten proceedings without letting go of the
original.  Decide beforehand whether you or someone from the
organization sponsoring the OS will word-process and distribute the
proceedings and get a "by when" commitment.  (For an OS I did for the
Los Gatos, CA Chamber of Commerce last month, since the group was small
- about 20 folks - I took on the task myself and had the proceedings
ready and distributed via email the next morning.  For larger groups
with lots more convened sessions, I probably wouldn't take that on, but
then, with a larger group it's also highly probable that laptops can be
rounded up.)

Good luck!

Ric Giardina
--