[searchnet] Future Search Workshop

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Tue Aug 8 12:55:58 PDT 2000

Dear colleagues,
I just sent out this note to the German large group network and think
this is great stuff for all open space fans.
My first exposure to future search was at Mohonk in 1996. Not only a
great training (we had Marv and Sandra in Berlin last fall for a
training with 64 European colleagues with a few US types sprinkled
in) but a stunning place to have a great training just a couple of
hours from downtown New York.
Spread the word!
Have a great summer
michael
(by the way, there are now 118 people signed up for OSonOS VIII in
Berlin. Fortunately, it starts a few days after the future search
training! There is a long waiting list of people who have not sent in
their money yet. So if you are quick in registering and transferring
cash, we put the ceiling at 130 !)

On Tue, 08 Aug 2000 14:30:59 -0500, Sally Theilacker wrote:

>Dear Members,
>
>I am writing to ask you to help us promote the next "Managing A Future
>Search" workshop in October.
>
>If you are willing, please post the following notice in any list serve
>to which you belong or send it to individuals who may be interested. We
>don't want to be too intrusive, but we want this workshop to be full in
>October!
>
>If you have ideas about getting the word out, please let me know.
>
>Many Thanks in Advance,
>
>Sally Theilacker
>
>NOTICE:
>

>"Managing A Future Search" -  A Learning Workshop
> with Marvin Weisbord and Sandra Janoff
>
>Mohonk Mountain House, Mohonk, NY October 15-18, 2000
>
>Future search is a dynamic 2 1/2 day planning meeting used around the
>world to transform a system's capability for cooperative action in a
>relatively short time. This workshop is for facilitators and managers
>who want to acquire the tools needed to organize and manage future
>searches with integrity.
>
>Future search explores a promising way to enable diverse groups of
>people with a stake in an organization or community to plan their own
>future. This event brings the "whole system" into the room to explore
>the participants' past, present and desired future as a back-drop to
>action planning.
>
>In a Future Search, people seek common ground rather than resolve
>conflicts; focus on the future rather than solve old problems: generate
>broad commitment to a common goal and take responsibility for action.
>
>This workshop is built around a simulated future search. The purpose and
>stakeholder roles are chosen by the whole group as part of the learning
>design. Participants then have a basis for a shared experience with the
>techniques of building community with a diverse group and moving into
>action. Included are interactive sessions on planning, facilitation and
>follow-up.
>
>For more information or to register, please contact Sally Theilacker,
>Future Search Network Program Manager.
>
>215 951 0328
>800 951 6333
>fsn at futuresearch.net
>www.futuresearh.net

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK

2.  Sign in and Proceed