No subject

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 14 08:35:04 PDT 2000

An Announcement...

With the help of the good folks at Berrett-Koehler, I am pleased to
announce the arrival of my latest and probably last book -- last if only
because I have already accounted of more than my share of trees.

The Power of Spirit: How Organizations Transform
(Berrett-Koehler  ISBN 1-57675-090-6)

I have written this book for all those who have found that the Spirit of
their organizations is a little tattered, and maybe their own Spirit as
well. It is also written for those who have used Open Space Technology and
were wondering what might happen next -- after the great event. Open Space
shows up, but in the supporting role of "data point" and no longer the main
point. I firmly believe that what many have experienced as an exciting and
productive way to conduct a meeting can easily become a 365 day a year
reality. The book starts with Chaos and moves through Transformation to
consider what I consider to be the emerging organizational lifeform. I
could be very wrong, and of course, there are no guarantees. But if you are
interested in the journey, I invite you to come along.

The books should be available in your local bookstore -- or try our friends
at www.amazon.com  Type in my name, and they will do the rest.

Harrison Owen
Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive