A Catch up

Virginia Burt visions at interlynx.net
Sun Apr 9 10:37:15 PDT 2000

I sent this out before leaving for a business trip and somehow it did not
send properly - nonetheless I wanted to share this with the list - this time
it should work!

(snip from file)
It is today( March 21st) that the learning of Birgitt's training in the Open
Space Organization accelerated me into hyperspace. One of the things I have
learned about Spirit and when in an Open Space technology meeting (training)
there are days where we realize that the things we thought we knew are new
all over again and the learnings take on a whole depth of meaning. Birgitt
has taken us like a midwife through an fantastic journey filled with looking
at all one's depths of joys and sorrows and laughter and tears. Her
experience and sharing of the teachings of running and creating ongoing open
space organizations is amazing - often leaving me at times speechless, at
others eloquent in our learning and articulation of hows and whys and
dawning of understanding. To Birgitt hat's off - and we still have another
day left!!!

I have had learnings on two levels - My firm has now grown and has had
challenges as some of you at Harrison's training in November are aware ( I
joined his training for the last day). I had not been able to see exactly
what needed to be done and although several people discussed things with me,
I probably was not ready nor had I provided the time and space to get a
handle on it all.

Birgitt's training created all that and more. Not only have the depths of my
soul been affected and readied to go out into the world with more open space
than ever before but I am moving my firm (currently in the adolescent phase
where it had been defined only by "me and my values and work" to the new "we
and our values and work") into an ongoing Open Space Organization -
my learnings have been parallel both as client/CEO and as an OST/OSO
facilitator.

My heart and soul are full. Thank you Birgitt for making the time and space
available to share and impart the incredible knowledge and thoughtful work
you bring to the world. I salute the light within you all and my hope is you
could experience this gift.
(snip)
Thank you to the list as always for the ongoing conversations! Virginia

Virginia T. Burt
Visionscapes Landscape Architects Inc.
www.spirithealinggardens.com
Tel 905.528.6447