Site for an OS Conference

Ric Giardina ric at spiritemployed.com
Fri Apr 7 22:08:04 PDT 2000

Betty Didcoct wrote:

> I need some advice on two things.
>
> 1.I have been asked to do some research to help find a site for the 2001
> and 2002 conferences of an international membership organization. I have
> led OS at their 1999 conference and will again for their 2000. It looks
> like plans are to have OS as a growing part of the conference in the coming
> years. (In 1999, we got 3 two hour sessions in a six day conference. For
> 2000 we have 6 sessions 1.5 hours each.)

Betty,

Try the Asilomar Conference Center in Pacific Grove, California.  This website
isn't for the conference center, but for a conference being held there, but its
photos give you a sense of the magnificence of the place.

     http://hwmin.gbgm-umc.org/conferences/PSConWCM/Asilomar.html

The Western Region of the Association of Unity Churches holds its annual
conference there in October for about 500+ people and the three-day cost per
participant for the conference, room and board is in the $260 range which puts
it in the ballpark I would guess.

You'll find lots of information about Asilomar by just searching for it on the
Internet, although I have yet to find its own home page.  (It's part of the
California Park System, which may explain why.)

Ric Giardina
--
What If Work Actually Got Easier?