On stringed lists, musical or otherwise

Murli rismurli at cobfac.boisestate.edu
Fri Sep 10 12:15:54 PDT 1999

If someone is "stringing" this list, he/she is putting in a lot of
work.  It is possible to have a "stringed" (actually, the technical term is
"threaded" but what is a thread if not a string?) discussion web site that
also forward mail messages.  This list isn't one.  There is ***free***
software available that can be placed on a website to support such a form.

If this is what is desired, and someone is willing to set it up on their
website, this wouldn't take too much effort.  On the downside, someone will
have to take care of security issues  -- the website will be open to all
eyes, even those who don't belong to this list, or it can be closed, but
you will have to additionally log in each time to get messages.  It is a
"pull" rather than a "push" technology, and also sucks up more bandwidth.

So.

Murli