Visual Proceedings

romy shovelton romys at compuserve.com
Wed Nov 17 23:01:46 PST 1999

Sharon

to see some work by Grove people, you could try the website of Don Braisby
(who works with me on most events here in the UK):
http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/don.braisby

also attaching a couple of photos showing the type of work (and participant
interest) - both from an OS event run last week in Lewisham, South London -
on building a healthier community

Photo 1) = me talking about the agenda of the day, using a graphic
'roadmap' (rather than a linear agenda). Looks similar to a record of the
output.  Sounds funny having an 'agenda' at all in OS.  The reason for this
one is because we began the day with a short visualisation piece and ended
with Action Planning etc ie. this agenda is not the agenda we all build
together on the Bulletin Board - it includes other action together.

photo 2) = people talking to Don, to make sure the graphic includes
representations of the things they feel are most important from their
conversations.  This does NOT replace the OS reports.  It is an addition.
The value is that we have a graphic which = an instant reminder of the
whole day/ event - which is helpful as we move on into further stages of
the programme.  We use these graphic records a LOT, in subsequent events -
as part of the environment.

hope this is helpful

Romy

PS I always have a Grafitti Wall as well - for people to add whatever they
wish - and they do - all sorts of words, graphics etc.  My experience is
that the graphic facilitator becomes an addition, definitely not
replacement - someone who holds the pen for others to record in another way
what THEY want.  Obviously the person needs to be of the right tone (just
as the facilitation of the OS itself)