Visual Proceedings

Michelle Cooper coopgrp at interlynx.net
Wed Nov 17 12:00:25 PST 1999

I have been facinated with the idea of visuals proceedings, but I kept
wondering how that fit in with the notion of less is more and there was a
little discomfort with what you called "doing to" instead of "doing with"
Harrison. I like the idea of a graffitti wall where people can capture their
own expressions and certainly encourage participants in the process to
illustrate proceedings graphically (particularly now that we have things
like scanners and digital cameras as we saw at OSONOS).  It seems the more
that we add, the busier we all get as facilitators managing the technology
vs holding space.  Sometimes the computers alone are enough to keep one
busy.

However, the idea has been added to my "basket of knowledge" as something to
think about when planning facilitation...open space or otherwise. Thanks for
the contributions all.

Michelle Cooper