Process question

Rhodes Hileman rhodes at smsys.com
Wed Jan 20 15:46:58 PST 1999

Don Ferretti wrote:

> But has anyone ever used a metaphor as a pathway to prioritizing. What images
> did you use besides a house or building of some kind?

I have not used such a metaphor, but I have used a white board
as an x-y matrix (with post-its) to show the priority of tasks on
two scales: importance and immediacy. They are often distinct.

I let people put up tasks where they think they should go, and
I let them move tasks around (even "other people's" tasks) when
they think they are misplaced.  If a task keeps moving back and
forth between two positions, we copy it, note the fact, and place
it in both.

I also have some 6" hexagonal post-its which allow three axes.

--
:o)
Rhodes Hileman