os in education

Birgitt Bolton birgitt at worldchat.com
Mon Feb 1 16:14:56 PST 1999

Steve's request twigged this, and it is somehow related but not exactly. A
few months ago, I asked for any stories that were out there about the use of
Open Space Technology in education and received wonderful responses. I
strung them together and posted them back to this list AND then Peg Holman
put them on the www.tmn.com/openspace site. Somewhere.

The editor of a Fieldbook for Education (similar to the Fifth Discipline
Fieldbook) is currently lukewarm about what was sent to her. I would like to
resubmit our best if you are interested in participating. I would like to
see Open Space have a chapter in this Fieldbook as a good "methodology" to
be used in education. It is my goal to write a compilation of what we have,
with comments and such in two weeks time, about February 15th.  If you have
a story to share, and are willing to put the work into writing it up
specifically to share with educators, I would be pleased to receive it and
include it, along with your name and contact information. Each story should
be no more than 1000 words or so. And don't include all the parts of what
Open Space is and how the circle was opened etc. We will include that once
at the beginning of this chapter. I have no guarantees that it will be
published. I will share it back with you. I have been guaranteed that it
would be read and considered.

A quick response to let me know that I should expect something from you
would be good.

Thanks,
Birgitt