Self-organizing systems

Larry Peterson lpasoc at inforamp.net
Mon Aug 23 05:31:07 PDT 1999

4) Sparse prior connections

        Harrison: This condition intrigues me when we talk about
"self-organization". Open Space events that include multiple stakeholders
and go beyond the boundaries of a particular unit or organization can be
very powerful. Open Space events that are within an existing organization,
where people have many prior connections can be more difficult. Social
networking theory would reinforce that systems where people have strong
connections already between each other are more difficult to change. Is that
what condition (4) is about from your perspective?

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
41 Appleton Ave., Toronto, ON,