OS in a prison??

John Dicus jdicus at ourfuture.com
Fri Oct 30 06:12:13 PST 1998

At 07:49 PM 10/27/98 -0500, Birgitt Bolton wrote:

>An opportunity is perculating for me to do an OS in a federal prison in
>which there is much unrest throughout, high potential for a violent outbreak
>soon if there isn't intervention of some sort....

Dear Birgitt,

What about framing your thinking by asking "where have I facilitated a
similar OS where the prison bars were very real and the conditions just as
emergently volatile, but the bars were not iron...?"  What did happen?  What
could happen?  What are the consequences and can you live with them?  Daniel
Quinn wrote in "Ishmael" that sometimes we can't find the bars to our own
prisons which leads to a lot of frustration.  In your case, what are the
bars to the inmate's prison -- and is it possible/alowable for them to escape?

I imagine that the framing/focus of an invitation to OS and how the space is
opened/held is critical.  OS makes an implicit promise -- how willing (and
able) are the "powers that be" to let what wants to happen happen?

Warm regards,

John Dicus

--

John Dicus  |  CornerStone Consulting Associates
-- Bringing Systems To Life --
http://www.ourfuture.com  |  mailto:jdicus at ourfuture.com