fear of success cont'd

Birgitt Bolton birgitt at worldchat.com
Wed Dec 23 07:22:23 PST 1998

Prasad, Chris, Michael,
thank you for your adding to my thoughts so fully and beautifully.

I reflect only my personal journey which is the story that I know how to
tell. I am so sad when I watch people labelled as "resistors of change". I
rather think we all do the best we can with what we have to contend with at
the time. I also wanted to challenge on this list a reversal of the
traditional thinking. I see people as beautiful, as treasures. And when I
journey with someone I often find myself saying "come out, come out wherever
you are. You are such a beautiful person and I CAN SEE YOU". And I have
found that people are afraid of their own beauty, their own light. So
afraid...and I don't know why except there is something in our collective
consciousness that we have bought into a myth that we are not to let our
light shine, our real authenticity, our real self. And I find the same fear
when collectives of people in organizations take part in repeated Open Space
events. As it dawns on them that they are much more than they gave
themselves credit for,or were willing to see, they become very frightened.
So, in the ramblings in my mind, this is related to why we don't "sell" open
space. And my thinking is that people don't come to harm in Open
Space---they have a chance to see the good, true and beautiful that they are
and to work with it. And this is frightening beyond measure.

Anyhow, these are some thoughts of mine at the moment and the way I see the
world at this time.

Birgitt