[OSList] Try an Online Open Space this week ---- The Online Co-Intelligence Open Space Unconference

Lucas Cioffi lucas at qiqochat.com
Thu Jan 27 07:37:04 PST 2022

Hi All,

I think there are many great open space facilitators who have not yet tried
attending an open space online.  Sometime in the next 2 months, I'd like to
offer a free course for people who want to learn how to do open space on
QiqoChat.  For those people who might be interested in that free course, I
strongly recommend attending an online open space as a participant first.

I'm attending one as a participant this week (The Online Co-Intelligence
Open Space Unconference), and it's lots of fun.  The discussion topics
(posted below this email) will be very interesting to people on OSLIST.

The next day of activities is tomorrow (Friday, starting at 12pm Eastern /
9am Pacific / 6pm CET).  75 people are registered.

*Here is the link to register
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cospiring-cointelligensia-an-unconference-for-those-inspired-by-tom-atlee-tickets-202510974777>.
*Tickets
are $10-$50.

This is the first time I've attended one that is multiple days (Monday,
Wednesday, Friday) with a full-day break in the middle.  I was surprised
how well that works because it lets everyone get the work done that will
otherwise pile up while they're at the event.  One interesting addition
that I'd like to experiment with in the future is making space for
asynchronous written conversations on the days off.

I hope to see you there.

*Lucas Cioffi*

QiqoChat | Lead Software Engineer

lucas at qiqochat.com

+1.917.528.1831

Live Online Events | Engaging Communities | Real Collaboration

Drop in for open office hours! <https://learn.qiqochat.com/events>

*Host and Facilitators:*

Kaliya Young (IdentityWoman <http://www.identitywoman.net/> and
> Unconference.net <http://www.unconference.net/>) first met Tom in 2000;
> has worked on developing decentralized digital identity technology. She is
> particularly interested in the weaving together of online and offline tools
> and processes to enhance co-intelligence and democracy. She collaborated
> with Tom on the Extreme Tao of Democracy
> <https://identitywoman.net/wp-content/uploads/ExtremeTaoDemocracy.pdf>.

Dounia Saeme - Open Space facilitator.
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/dsaeme/?originalSubdomain=ca> Met Tom in
> 2019. Interested in Transformational Philanthropy and how money works. She
> is on a mission to disseminate social technologies that enable emotional
> intelligence leap-frogs and unleash the full power of conscious leadership.

*Here all the exciting topics that were covered on Day 1:*
Global Governance Grace
Wise large group decision-making, in-person tools & techniques Jason Diceman
Mapping democracy organizations Laura Rigell
Asking practitioners what are the big issues in conducting citizen councils
and deliberative processes? Marc-Antoine Parent
Facilitative Leadership Community of Practice:
How to develop a learning network of facilitative professionals who are
creating and sharing resources and opportunities to support their career
development and advance the facilitation field. Malia Josephine
Scale and Wise Democracy Bill Aal
Support in U.S. for a New Branch of Congress? Joyce Olmsted
Asking practitioners what tools they wish would exist to solve issues
identified in previous session E Marc-Antoine Parent
Wise Collaboration Pattern Jam - aka Values of Wise Collaboration - social
layer to add/ integrate with Doug Engelbart 'Dynamic Knowledge Repository'
+ 'Networked Improvement Community' framework Charles Blass
How to bring the wisdom in these rooms to engage everyday people quickly to
rise above fear and to prevent authoritarianism and facism in the US Karen
Studders
Role of regular participatory events for fostering democratic values
(aka "civic hacknights") patcon, civic tech organizer