[OSList] OSList Digest, Vol 121, Issue 3 Gijs

Gijs gijs at megainternational.com.hk
Sun May 16 22:21:12 PDT 2021

    Thanks Michael, your analysis and feed-back motivates me to become
more virtually active and find partners. Leaning back and being
sceptical (without having virtual experience) has been my attitude for a
year. Too long. I intent to "get my feet wet" and find tech-support
(following Heidi's advice in Qiqo interview). Do it, reflect, share (on
the list) and do it better. Wish you well   -------- Original Message
--------
 FROM: Michael M Pannwitz  [1] TO:
oslist at lists.openspacetech.org [2] ,  van wezel [3] ,  gijs  [4]
SENT:
Sat, 15 May 2021 12:14:39 +0200
SUBJECT: Re: [OSList] OSList Digest, Vol
121, Issue 3

 Dear Gijs,

 in my active os facilitation days (until
2012) I published detailed cost
 estimates. Looking at this one (in
German)

http://www.meine-openspace-praxis.de/Dateien/18-Kosten-3Tage-130TN.pdf
[5]
 travelling costs did not show up. That had to do with the nature
of the
 event. It took place in Berlin, so no travel costs for me. Most

 participants lived and worked in Berlin. Those from outside had their

 travel expenses paid by their organisations or they paid for them

personally.

 Looking at the sheet, I do see a number of items that were
universal:

 - The omnipresent buffet (Pausenloses Pausenbüffet) and the
rent for the
 space (Raummiete) made up about one third of the cost
 -
The costs for the facilitation team, about one third of total cost
 -The
remaining third went for management of the event, Material,
 Planning
Session, Next Meeting, advertising and miscellanious items

 Looking at
all of this it seems that real life os might cost more than
 virtual.

After 2012 until today, I was frequently contacted for collegiate advice

 or counselling (no wonder because the 2385 facilitators that took part

 in os-trainings I was involved in had "lifelong free consulting"). So,
 was honored to be in touch with the trade.
 One of the feedbacks I
got is that an online version of a Planning
 Sessions for an os event
is acceptable. Participants of those online
 Planning Sessions gave
similar feedbacks that we regularly received
 after real life Planning
Sessions, such as "never experienced a meeting
 as this one with such
concrete outcomes in such a short time... and it
 was fun...". Of
course, Planning Sessions in itself are not os-events...
 they do
however produce only stuff that the participants themselves
 craft and
cast into action.

 Has anyone had the chance to get feedback from
participants that
 experienced both real life and digital os events?
Especially the
 experience of a full fledged 3-day event real life
versus online?

 Greetings from Berlin
 mmp

 -
 Am 15.05.2021 um 04:29
schrieb Mega via OSList:
 > Re: virtual open space facilitator

Following the earlier request, i have forwarded a choice of

faciltators to the sponsor of the event.
 > It is an awakening for me to
realize the impact covid had on group
 events and it's future. Sponsors
seem to accept the reduced impact as it