[OSList] FRIDAY INVITATION: Interview with Steve Holyer: Building an Online Carnival—or a Hallway—for Fun Conversations

Steve Holyer coach at steveholyer.com
Thu Mar 4 16:47:27 PST 2021

Oh, this is cool. Thanks for arranging this Lucas. I’m looking forward
to the session.

I’m sure we’ve barely scratched the service, and I keep seeing
patterns coming up in the interactions happening around this list and
related events like Romy’s near spontaneous "open space on remote open
space", and the "Open Space on Peace and High Performance" with Suzanne
Daigle and lots of folks here. Both those events were a month or so
back.  That sure helped me create a model for the Agile Mardi Gras even
though it wasn’t an Open Space like you said (except in the expansive
way everything is truly Open Space.)

Plus, I invited Francois Knuchel on this list to hold the technology
space for the event. And he agreed. \O/ I knew he’d form part of a
"dream team" because I keep observing (spoilers) that something
important happens when an OS Facilitator holds the technology space. i
hope we get to explore that a bit on Friday.

Cheers,
Steve

On 4 Mar 2021, at 23:06, Lucas Cioffi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Tomorrow (Friday, March 5th), there's a fun and interactive interview
> with
> facilitator Steve Holyer who will share his lessons learned for
> holding an
> online Mardi Gras on QiqoChat for the Agile Alliance.
>
> Everyone here on OSLIST is familiar with open space.  Steve (cc'd) is
> an OS
> facilitator and a member of OSLIST.  Although this event was not an
> open
> space, you will learn tips for making your online events (OS or not)
> more
> social, fun, and productive by seeing a different yet related event
> type.
>
> Steve did a fantastic job with his event and I hope you can join us
> during
> the interview to ask him some questions.  The goal of these interviews
> is
> to have honest conversations among facilitators about what's working
> and
> what needs to be improved so that we never stop learning.
>
> *You can RSVP and participate here
> <https://qiqochat.com/e/lnxaEVJGZtqOzUoNjRrgQMCfw>.  *I'll share the
> recording at that same link a day after the event is over.
> *Date: *Friday, March 5, 2021
> *Start time:* 8am Pacific / 11am Eastern / 4pm UTC / 5pm Central
> European
> Time
> *Cost:* Free
>
> *Session Description:*
>
>> Our challenge was to gather Agilists from around the world around a
>> shared
>> purpose and held space for a fun party for professional networking. I
>> wasn’t building and hosting an Open Space Technology event, but I
>> wanted to
>> embed Open Space principles into the experience because that’s what
>> needed to find engagement, creativity and joy. QiQoChat enabled us to
>> do
>> that, and as always we learned a lot of new things about opening and
>> holding space for celebration online.
>

> *Lucas Cioffi*
>
> QiqoChat | Lead Software Engineer
>
> lucas at qiqochat.com
>
> +1.917.528.1831
>

> <https://qiqochat.com/>
>
> Live Online Events | Engaging Communities | Real Collaboration
>
> Drop in for open office hours! <https://learn.qiqochat.com/events>

Open Space Leadership
Agile Product Ownership
Agile Abundance

Certified Strategic Play™ Facilitator using the
    LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Method and Materials

Steve Holyer and Associates

coach at steveholyer.com
+41-79-606-7105
Zurich, Switzerland