[OSList] Poetry on the oslist

Jeff Aitken r.jeff.aitken at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 10:12:25 PST 2021

Hi folks. The warm invite to check the oslist archives led me on a good
journey last night. Some of the jewels I found were poems, from the days of
the "poetry celebration and contest" that lived here for a long while.

Poems of open space! With a convenor naming a poetic "form" to follow for
that round of celebration.

Here is one, in the form of three stanzas of haiku.

huge pens and newsprint

like twigs and leaves on the floor:

fall forest clearing.

wall like wide canvas

bare, primed, awaiting fresh strokes

painted by our hearts.

circle of welcome,

like setting an old table

for neighbors and friends.

Here is one in a fun form using an alphabet. It's not about open space, but
is about writing a poem, kinda. (Without launching a new Celebration
formally, i invite you to try it...)

And I
Believe you too
Can
Do a poem, and
Even
Fairly
Gracefully – I
Have seen
Innovative
Juxtapositions
Kindly
Line up in
Many
New and
Original
Poems - it’s
Quite
Reasonable to get
So many words
To line
Up
Very
Willingly
Xcept if you get this far it’s sometimes trouble.