[OSList] feedback on virtual meetings using open space technology

James Sheldon queerpedagogue at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 19:25:14 PST 2021

I know we say whoever comes are the right people... but that has always
come down to issues of access and privilege, which can be somewhat
mitigated by technology, even if there's still issues of bandwidth or
Internet access.  It will be interesting to see how OS unfolds in this
brave new world we live in...

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 5:51 PM Ron Quartel via OSList <

> I have been to a few virtual/online open space sessions now. They exceeded
> my expectations - but/and my expectations were very low.
>
> Overall, I enjoyed the experience and did get value, but, it is a definite
> second to face-to-face communication. The serendipity was missing - which
> is where the real magic lies.
>
> Looking forward to being done with the pandemic and meeting people in
> person again. I think there will always be a place for virtual open space
> still now it has been proven out and may still be a viable option in
> certain instances.
>
> --
> Ron Quartel
>
> *Untethering the human spirit in the workplace*
>
> *Twitter*: https://twitter.com/ronquartel
> *LinkedIn*: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rquartel
>

> On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 6:56 AM Funda Oral via OSList <
>
>> Hi Everybody,
>>
>> Here I am after many years, always in love with OST :-). I had a chance
>> to experience the virtues and efficiency of open, interactive organizations
>> for many years already.
>>
>> When we were locked down at home I thought that OST can not be as
>> efficient as before as "physical meeting" was not possible.
>>
>> However lately my opinions have changed. I think that it's much easier to
>> bring the whole system in one room, deep conversations are more likely to
>> take place safely, the circle and equality can be felt more easily.
>>
>> I would like to have the feedback you get from the participants regarding
>> online/virtual meetings held with OST.
>>
>> I always need to convince some people about OST, that's the challenge of
>> my life I guess :-)
>>
>> Have a wonderful and healthy weekend,
>>
>> Funda

>> Past archives can be viewed here:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/oslist@lists.openspacetech.org

> Past archives can be viewed here:

@@@
James Sheldon
Graduate Student, Education: Equity and Social Justice, San Francisco State
University
Special Education Paraprofessional, San Francisco Unified School District
@@@