[OSList] Asking for your wisdom - Leora Tushinski

Steve Holyer coach at steveholyer.com
Tue Apr 6 10:07:54 PDT 2021

Hi Leora,

Time flies!  I see now you asked these question all the way back on 3
March! Seems like yesterday when I planned to answer “tomorrow”.

I also see you got some great answers.

I’m holding some fairly intensive training workshops. In the workshops
we are developing the the mindset of the Open Space Facilitator and
applying it to facilitation or to leadership.

You said you were wondering how to "hold" the tension between the
"freedom" in the OS method, and “purposefulness” needed in most of
the processes. And more, how can we avoid the "loose" rules lead to
"anarchy", especially in complex environment?

You got some great answers here that I really appreciate. I can tell you
that the last few cohorts of our workshop really grappled with these
same questions as facilitators — especially online (in a distributed /
remote space) where conventional wisdom is that this already borders on
anarchy and people have been told you need more rules online not less.

I’d like to invite you (and anyone else from this list) to an upcoming
Open Space Leadership (OSL) workshop when you’re able to join us.
(Details here https://coachingcocktails.com/osworkshop)

You’ll really get to dig into the exact questions you asked, and
we’ll work together as a cohort so you that you can really develop and
practice an understanding of some of the answers you got. (We use
Michael Hermann’s book in the course … I think he was one of the
people who answered. :)

The workshop is 4x 3hr online course sessions. The sessions are always
live and instructor(that’s me)-led. I also ask you to commit to 1-3
hours of self-study and pair work with a partner from the cohort between
sessions. The usual fees are €684 per person, but if you book today
it’s only €534 because of early bunny pricing

Let me know how I can answer your questions about the workshops.  Sorry
with the holidays and what not I didn’t get a chance to tell you about
his sooner. There are three upcoming cohorts staring this month and next
month if you’d like to join one.

Here again is the information that’s online:
https://coachingcocktails.com/osworkshop

Cheers,
Steve

On 3 Mar 2021, at 11:12, leora tushinski via OSList wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>

> This is my first time in the OSList and I am writing to ask for the
> wisdom
> I am sure is held in this group.
>
> My name is Leora and I'm a student of "Dialogic interventions in Large
> group" , held by Tova Averbuch and Rotem Ofer.
>
> As a manager I have a challenge (and maybe a fear): wondering how to
> "hold"
> the tension between the "freedom" in the OS method,   and
> “purposefulness”
> needed in most of the processes .
>
> How can we expect to get to "bottom lines" (get the work done) when we
> depend only on the people who come, and what they decide…?
>
>   And more, how can we avoid   the "loose" rules   lead to "anarchy",
> especially in complex environment?
>
> I will appreciate your time, attention and wisdom
>
> Thank you
>
> Leora
>
> Israel
>

> *050-6207543 (972)*
>
> *בברכה,*
> *ליאורה *
>
> *050-6207543*

> Past archives can be viewed here:

Open Space Leadership
Agile Product Ownership
Agile Abundance

Certified Strategic Play™ Facilitator using the
    LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Method and Materials

Steve Holyer and Associates

coach at steveholyer.com
+41-79-606-7105
Zurich, Switzerland