[OSList] Looking for "butterfly" ideas

Eric M. Kapono kapono at advancementservices.org
Thu Sep 10 13:43:43 PDT 2020

Another alternative I learned (probably from the great DC Liberating
Structures <https://bit.ly/2X6ctaG>  group) is in Zoom making everyone a
Host.

This gives everyone the ability to move between breakouts. It is a little
tedious because the original Host must go through the Participant list and
one-by-one make each person a Host, but if your partner is Opening Circle,
then you can do this in the background. When sessions are posted, folks then
select the appropriate breakout to join (just like a Host). To use their two
feet, they leave the breakout room, end up in the main room, then butterfly
or bumble bee. The caveat here is to not select "Leave Meeting" because
you'll be taken out of Zoom have to click back in; just click "Leave Room".
I've only tried it this one time and it seemed to work well. First-time Zoom
users would need some instructions.

Best,

~Eric