[OSList] Law of Mobility, reimiagined

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 13:45:55 PDT 2020

In some countries you dont have a choice. If you are in a group of five
you get in conflict with the Law. But 4 is ok. But since just the number
"4" is really bad luck, a terrible omen in some cultures, I would leave
that constellation and be in groups of maximum 3. And since 1,5 meters
is the minimum distance to other people this constellation will fit into
my living room. Once. In the garden we could have about 7 such trios.
All abiding by the various rules regarding the distance between folks.
Lots of givens. Lots of control. But dont worry, Selforganisation will
creep up.
mmp

PS: For a few days I have now been in a group of 1. And in a few more
days there will be a general curfew. You can leave your home only for a
trip to the grocery or a pharmacy or for work. For Berlin this will mean
that for that half of the population that live in single person
households (1,7 Million) groups of 1 will be the rule. Not quite
voluntarily. But it will be a blow to the spread of corona.

cheers
mmp