[OSList] Last Call: Transforming Limiting Beliefs using The Work of Byron Katie (for dialogue practitioners)

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 22:55:29 PST 2020

Dear OSLIST,

reading the post of Caitlin I thought of Marvin Weisbords and Sandra
Janoffs "Don't Just Do Something, Stand There!" published in 2007 (In
2011 a German version with the title "Einfach mal Nichts tun!" followed.).

It has two main sections:
--- Part one: Leading Meetings, with 6 Principles regarding stuff that
can be influenced in
planning and managing, especially in  a Future Search gathering

and
--- Part two: Managing Yourself, with 4 Prinicples that deal with what I
as facilitator can apply for my own reflection and development to enable
the "just stand there" mode.

The second part is universally applicable to working with groups of any
kind regardless of the design or frame (OST, FS, AI...) if my aim is not
to control but to have all the control on the side of the participants
and focus on the ability of groups to selforganize and develope.

The second part, I find, is the tough one and the most rewarding to work
with. It has supported me in what I think is a lifelong journey,
becoming aware of ones own assumptions, anxieties... and those of others
and withholding action on the base of those assumptions by suspending them.

Have a great day wherever you are
mmp

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49 - 30-772 8000
mmpannwitz at gmail.com

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 490 resident Open
Space Workers in 76 countries working in a total of 142 countries worldwide
www.openspaceworldmap.org

At my publisher you find books and task cards on open space and other
treasures, most in German, some in English, some as ebooks, some
multilingual
https://www.westkreuz-verlag.de/de/Kommunikation