[OSList] Quite a few questions about Sponsors, empathy and a safe open space for all it’s participants

Birgitt Williams birgitt at dalarinternational.com
Sun Jan 5 07:55:45 PST 2020

Hi all,
during the OST, what makes a difference are decisions about the theme,
length of the OST, length of sessions, who gets invited and how, reports or
no reports, and whether there is an intention for prioritizing/action post
the OST.

The biggest reason for good prep with many things to consider is to enable
the organization to get the biggest harvest possible out of what was done
in the OST.

There are varying viewpoints in our discussion forum about prep, givens,
debrief, and later on peer with peer accountability meeting. There is a
difference in expectation about follow up within an intact organization and
whether the work has been done for the intact organization to have the
capacity to take advantage of what comes out of the OST. This is less
important for a one time conference with the follow up dependent on the
individuals. In my many years of working with intact organizations, using
OST as one of the processes/tools to accomplish a transformative change, I
am a strong advocate for good prep and follow up.

The fantastic leaders that I have had the privilege to work with are
committed to the transformation, committed to making the most of the OST
meetings that they sponsor, and they are in the front line of holding
steady with liberating structures to allow a participatory architecture to
do its magic.

I was telling a story to someone yesterday. An OST meeting about an
apparently unsolvable problem. The right prep and follow up. Acton plans.
Approval at the government level of the 10 year plan. Plan accomplished in
two years.

in genuine contact,
Birgitt (facilitating and teaching and promoting OST since 1992..with joy)

*Birgitt Williams*
*Supporting You in Developing Your Leadership*
Author,The Genuine Contact Way: Nourishing a Culture of Leadership
<http://www.genuinecontactway.com/>
Senior Consultant, President Dalar International Consultancy, Inc
<http://www.dalarinternational.com/>
Founder Genuine Contact Program
<http://www.dalarinternational.com/genuine-contact>. Co-owner Genuine
Contact Co-owners Group, I <https://genuinecontact.net/about/co-owners/>nc

*Learn with us for your skill and capacity development for leading and
working in the new leadership paradigm "Leading So People Will Lead"*

*Mentoring Circles & Mastermind Groups* | December 13, 2019 | Online
*Achieving Organizational Health & Balance* | February 21 & 28, 2020 |
Online
*Strategic Planning the Genuine Contact Way* | March 20, 27 & April 3, 2020
| Online
*Holistic Leadership Development *| April 15-20, 2020 | Waterloo, Canada
*Whole Person Process Facilitation* | April 24, May 1 & 8, 2020 | Online
*Genuine Contact Organization/Summer Academy 2020 *| July 3-10, 2020 |
Waterloo, Canada

>> Learn More & Register
<http://www.dalarinternational.com/upcoming-workshops/> for any of these
workshops here.

PO Box 19373, Raleigh, NC, USA 27613
Phone: 01-919-522-7750

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 9:50 AM Harrison Owen via OSList <