[OSList] Ikigai and WOSONOS

Barry Owen barryowenost at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 03:26:09 PDT 2019

Daniel! I very much enjoyed the time we had to connect and look forward to
continuing co-creation of opening more space . . . everywhere

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 10:26 PM Daniel Mezick via OSList <

> Greetings,
>
> I plan to enjoy WOSONOS this weekend, by interacting with all who elect to
> be there.
>
> I came across this Japanese word recently; it describes how I feel about
> working in Open Space.
>
> Learning this word helped me to more fully understand my motivations
> around this:
>

> *Ikigai* (生き甲斐, pronounced [ikiɡai]
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA/Japanese>) is a Japanese
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_language> concept that means "a
> reason for being." The word "ikigai" is usually used to indicate the source
> of value in one's life or the things that make one's life worthwhile.[1]
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikigai#cite_note-:1-1> The word translated
> to English roughly means "thing that you live for" or "the reason for which
> you wake up in the morning."[2]
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikigai#cite_note-2> Each individual's
> ikigai is personal to them and specific to their lives, values
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_(ethics)> and beliefs
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belief>. It reflects the inner self
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-realization> of an individual and
> expresses that faithfully, while simultaneously creating a mental state
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_state> in which the individual
> feels at ease. Activities that allow one to feel ikigai are never forced on
> an individual; they are often spontaneous, and always undertaken willingly,
> giving the individual satisfaction and a sense of meaning to life.[1]
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikigai#cite_note-:1-1>
>

> See you soon.
>

> (this space intentionally left blank)

> Past archives can be viewed here:

*Barry Owen*
*Inviter - Facilitator/Practicer of Open Space Technology *
*Opening and Holding safe space for people and organizations to
self-organize around important issues and opportunities. *
*Invite - Listen - Love*

*615-568-2123*
*BarryOwen.us <http://BarryOwen.us>*

*4004 Hillsboro Pike B234*