[OSList] Skye Listening for the Harmonies

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 10:16:13 PDT 2019

Dear Skye,

I wonder whether OST as such can help us experience harmony, wholeness.

Form experience with OST I know that it is an effective tool for
expanding time and space for the force of selforganisation to do its thing.

It might be/appears/feels that OST is not out to control anything (in
contrast to many control-mechanisms I frequently experience). Controlled
processes and procedures reduce time and space for the unfolding of the
force of selforganisation.

Now, I wonder whether the force of selforgniation is after harmony,
wholeness.

I suspect that there are many concepts of harmony and wholeness
depending on our religious, historical, biographical, cultural,
political... etc. background or matrix (having spelled out 5 variabels I
see that this is in an order of very high complexity and more variabels
abound).

Life could also be synonymous with force of selforganisation. This might
come to me because I know that if the force of selforganistion gets
close to zero its in a way similar to -273,15 Degree centigrade (0
degree Kelvin)... nothing moves anymore.

Ineffable is the experience of whatever it is that happens when the
force of selforganisation is active. I sometimes have seen a bluish hue
during an ost event. It is however, not a "nice" experience nor an
experience describable with our limited linguistic repertoir...
ineffable! The closest I have gotten it squared  for me is "awesome"...
well, even that is inadequate.

Yes, I do love the feeling of the awesome-part-in-me.
It impulses me with supporting OST being employed over and over again
and when I see it happen, I have a smile in me.

Just got interrupted by a phone call from our midwife daughter who told
me of her highlight today facilitating a birth. Its ineffable. She also
studies midwifery after many years of practice. She reports that in her
"science" the process of giving birth is called "Selbsttätigkeit des
Leibes" (close to self-activity or self-organisation). This concept is
outside of the kind of "science" as we usually might conceive science
(segregating, linear, evidence based,....). So it is in he realm of
philosophy.

Cheers from a sundrenched afternoon in Berlin where I met tired
schoolkids on the bus moaning over the first day of school after the two
week fall vacation... out of a phase with much selforganisation back
into a phase with less selforganisation...

mmp

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49 - 30-772 8000
mmpannwitz at gmail.com

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 491 resident Open
Space Workers in 76 countries working in a total of 142 countries worldwide
www.openspaceworldmap.org

At my publisher you find books and task cards on open space, most in
German, some in English, some as ebooks, some multilingual
https://www.westkreuz-verlag.de/de/Kommunikation