[OSList] Some Thoughts

Jake Yeager jacob.yeager at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 16:34:23 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,

Some thoughts that might stimulate conversation:

   - Open Space is not a "thing": it's a way of working. Open Space is
   probably more properly a verb, such as "We're open-spacing..."
   - Minimize the use of the term "Open Space": it's alien to most people,
   and it reinforces the notion that it is a "thing" that you "do"
   - Let an organization give this way of working it's own name if it wants
   - Focus on the problems I can help an organization with and on possible
   outcomes: do not focus on the process
   - Discuss my fundamental beliefs with the client
      1. Everyone wants to participate in creating their own future
      2. All answers are within
   - How to make sure you work in alignment with belief #1 (from Meg
   Wheatley)
      - Everyone who cares is invited
      - Everyone dialogues and connects with many others
      - Everyone creates the organization's future

Have a great weekend!

All the best,
Jake

When the mind is quiet, the sun of your heart will shine once again, and
you will be free of problems.
 - Robert Adams <http://www.robert-adams.info/>