[OSList] Open Space and World Happiness Fest 2020

Harrison Owen hhowensr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 14:10:34 PST 2019

OK Guys! You got it!

ho

From: OSList [mailto:oslist-bounces at lists.openspacetech.org] On Behalf Of Barry Owen via OSList
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 4:26 PM
To: Suzanne Daigle; Luis Gallardo; oslist
Cc: Barry Owen
Subject: [OSList] Open Space and World Happiness Fest 2020

A Special Invitation to our Community

There are times in life when opportunities pop up that feel so right, important, and connected with what we are doing and who we are. Here is an unique opportunity to partner, co-create, and grow this unique experience of Open Space that has touched and inspired so many of us.

Suzanne Daigle, I, and many who were at WOSonOS 2019 are so very excited about the prospects we see for collaboration with the  <https://www.happinessfestival.world/english> World Happiness Fest, happening from March 16th to the 22nd, 2020.

Luis Gallardo, president and founder of World Happiness bē <https://beit.world/pages/about>  Creation, joined us at WOSonOS 2019.  >From his recent experiences with OST as a participant and then later as a facilitator, Luis immediately recognized the unique power and potential of directly engaging people in Open Space on the topic of Happiness.

The goal at bē and the World Happiness Fest is to bridge thinking with feeling and action. Their aim is to bring together individuals committed to creating a happier and more positive world; and to increase consciousness and broaden perspectives. Happiness is an ultimate human goal, and a birthright recognized unanimously by all member states at the United Nations.

Here’s what Luis said in the personal invitation letter that he sent to WOSonOS attendees:

“Today more than ever we need new frameworks to understand human development, peace and happiness. Open Space is ideal for this. Actually it is our hope that the principles, values, and spirit of Open Space will become an integral part of the Happiness Fest in tangible and intangible ways. Our commitment is to meaningfully engage as many individuals and groups as we can to create awareness and help people experience the benefits of choosing happiness in their lives.”

As Luis got to know members in our Open Space community, we also got to know him and the work that their global team have been doing around Happiness over the past three years. In 2019, the Happiness Agora (means gathering) attracted close to 50,000 beings across the globe, virtually and in person, in 30 cities around the world. The numbers are staggering, and the quality of the events, speakers, science and research behind it, even more so. This year’s event will be exponentially bigger.

So our joint invitation to the Open Space community (and anyone who cares to join) is as follows:

1.     LEARN - Check these websites to learn more about last year’s  <https://happinessagora.world/> World Happiness Agora and the  <https://www.happinessfestival.world/english> 2020 World Happiness Fest. Lots of wonderful interviews and great information on plans for this year.

2.     EXPLORE - Explore further by joining us on a Zoom call (s) that we will be hosting with Luis sometime in the next few weeks. More info soon.

3.     ENGAGE

·        Consider becoming an Agora host (virtual or in person) or partnering with an Agora city host to facilitate an Open Space.

·         <https://beit.world/products/happiness-festival-festival-de-la-felicidad> Become a virtual participant by registering here

Finally, as we head into 2020, we cannot help but feel the pull and urgency of opening more and more space. Certainly the Happiness Fest deeply connects with Peace and High Performance which have been the central themes of our annual gathering at International House in New York City for more than two decades. We take this opportunity to extend a warm invitation to join us there from Friday January 15th to Sunday the 17th, 2020. Registration information available very soon!

Barry Owen

barryowenost at gmail.com

Suzanne Daigle

s.daigle at nufocusgroup.com