[OSList] Open Space and World Happiness Fest 2020

Barry Owen barryowenost at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 13:25:55 PST 2019

*A Special Invitation to our Community*

There are times in life when opportunities pop up that feel so right,
important, and connected with what we are doing and who we are. Here is an
unique opportunity to partner, co-create, and grow this unique experience
of Open Space that has touched and inspired so many of us.

Suzanne Daigle, I, and many who were at WOSonOS 2019 are so very excited
about the prospects we see for collaboration with the World Happiness Fest
<https://www.happinessfestival.world/english>, happening from March 16th to
the 22nd, 2020.

Luis Gallardo, president and founder of World Happiness bē
<https://beit.world/pages/about> Creation, joined us at WOSonOS 2019.  From
his recent experiences with OST as a participant and then later as a
facilitator, Luis immediately recognized the unique power and potential of
directly engaging people in Open Space on the topic of Happiness.

The goal at bē and the World Happiness Fest is to bridge thinking with
feeling and action. Their aim is to bring together individuals committed to
creating a happier and more positive world; and to increase consciousness
and broaden perspectives. Happiness is an ultimate human goal, and a
birthright recognized unanimously by all member states at the United
Nations.

Here’s what Luis said in the personal invitation letter that he sent to
WOSonOS attendees:

“Today more than ever we need new frameworks to understand human
development, peace and happiness. Open Space is ideal for this. Actually it
is our hope that the principles, values, and spirit of Open Space will
become an integral part of the Happiness Fest in tangible and intangible
ways. Our commitment is to meaningfully engage as many individuals and
groups as we can to create awareness and help people experience the
benefits of choosing happiness in their lives.”

As Luis got to know members in our Open Space community, we also got to
know him and the work that their global team have been doing around
Happiness over the past three years. In 2019, the Happiness Agora (means
gathering) attracted close to 50,000 beings across the globe, virtually and
in person, in 30 cities around the world. The numbers are staggering, and
the quality of the events, speakers, science and research behind it, even
more so. This year’s event will be exponentially bigger.

So our joint invitation to the Open Space community (and anyone who cares
to join) is as follows:

   1.

   LEARN - Check these websites to learn more about last year’s World
   Happiness Agora <https://happinessagora.world/> and the 2020 World
   Happiness Fest <https://www.happinessfestival.world/english>. Lots of
   wonderful interviews and great information on plans for this year.
   2.

   EXPLORE - Explore further by joining us on a Zoom call (s) that we will
   be hosting with Luis sometime in the next few weeks. More info soon.
   3.

   ENGAGE
   -

      Consider becoming an Agora host (virtual or in person) or partnering
      with an Agora city host to facilitate an Open Space.
      -

      Become a virtual participant by registering here
      <https://beit.world/products/happiness-festival-festival-de-la-felicidad>

Finally, as we head into 2020, we cannot help but feel the pull and urgency
of opening more and more space. Certainly the Happiness Fest deeply
connects with *Peace and High Performance* which have been the central
themes of our annual gathering at International House in New York City for
more than two decades. We take this opportunity to extend a warm invitation
to join us there from *Friday** January 15th to Sunday the 17th**,
2020*. Registration
information available very soon!

Barry Owen

barryowenost at gmail.com