[OSList] Orgs that Failed to Implement Self-Organization?

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Fri Jun 21 03:46:22 PDT 2019

Hi Jake
Thanks for posing the question.
To me self organisation, just as others wrote, is just there. By building capacity to work in life nurturing ways and for a common purpose the power of self organisation can be made more ‘useful’.
I believe and have experienced since many years, that good things happen when people come together in circle around a common purpose, facilitated skilfully end lovingly.
Being conscious about the opportunities in self organisation and and working with it makes the difference. Most organisations don’t. So there are many examples of failures in regard to reaching sustainable and productive outcome.

I think I previously shared a link to an example in an municipality where I have been working for more than a decade teaching how to use open space and whole person process facilitation to create sustainable results. Even if that does not answer your question I share it again, as an example where it works. http://providersofgoodness.com/ornskoldsvik/
Greeting to you all from the bus to the airport, heading for Canada to join the Genuine Contact Summer Academy. Looking very much forward to 7 days in different circles with new and old colleagues!
Greetings Thomas in Sweden
PS I love the talk to text feature on my iPhone!

Skickat från min iPhone