[OSList] open message to Nick Martin

Bhavesh Patel bhavmail at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 11:34:44 PDT 2019

Hi Barry,

You wrote " *My general observation is that Open Space happens at some
level every time any group gathers . . . Having the meeting using OST
simply increases the impact for more of the participants. So . . .  *"

I am in total agreement that life, the universe and everything is an
on-going OST.

However, does your message mean, call it OST, and do what you want because
at the end of the day anyway OST will creep in there somewhere?

Also I guess you have experienced enough OST to notice it everywhere, how
does that work for those who have not?

I know the answer to my questions, and in fact any question, is "...well
just open more space"... and yet... because of the beauty I have
experienced in my own life and in groups etc through the opening of
space... I feel a kind of 'lost opportunity' when something is presented
explicitly as OST and then what is done is far from OST... it offers the
hope of a trickle, when a river lock could have been opened... and yet I
know that even a trickle can lead to more...

I dunno, think I am touching on some of paradox about letting go to allow
more instead of holding on... hmmmm... lost in thought...

Smiles Bhav...

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 at 19:27, Barry Owen via OSList <