[OSList] Feedback Requested - Open Space Proposal

Barry Owen barryowenost at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 12:43:24 PST 2019

Jake!

I'm sorry to be tardy with my response. It's been a wild few weeks.

Your plan looks good to me . . . My advice?

Just do it.

Sounds like the "sponsor" is on-board.

The only tweak I can think of is something I did with an MBA group . . .
Use the first session to Open Space, Create the bulletin board as if it
were a multi-day event - Then open the Market PLace.

This might reveal many issues that are presently known up front . . . and
the Marketplace would help the group prioritize.

That could set up the scenario of the group "scheduling Sessions" for the
future meetings.

Then . . . each session begins with a brief reminder of the 5 Principles
and Law, then Morning Announcements with an invitation to add any new
topics . . . then straight to work

I'd love to hear how it goes.

Best,

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 6:57 PM Jake Yeager via OSList <

> Hi everyone,
>
> Thanks for your comments and suggestions!
>
> I am still thinking through how to approach it. All of your comments are
> percolating in my unconscious, and we will see what eventually comes up.
>
> Harrison, thanks for sharing the course description. I am going to take a
> closer look at that. To answer your question: we conduct business analysis
> and predictive modeling to determine portfolio profitability and risk for
> credit union lending products. I like your simple suggestion for a question
> and will ponder on that.
>
> Much love to everyone.
> Jake
>
> On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 7:40 PM Jake Yeager <jacob.yeager at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I attended the Peace and High Performance workshop in January. Another
>> attendee, Regina Kang, inspired me to try Open Space at work in a similar
>> fashion as she facilitates it in South Korea.
>>
>> The group that would participate is a single analytics team. It is
>> comprised of about 30-35 people and is split across three sites. There are
>> both managers and analysts, and I am a member on the team. I have pitched
>> this to my manager, who is the highest ranking team member, and she is on
>> board. Because we are at different sites, I propose holding the Open Space
>> virtually.
>>
>> Also, we would hold an Open Space prior to the monthly meetings in order
>> to introduce everyone to Open Space. We're still working out the details on
>> this.
>>
>> I'd love feedback on my proposal below. One question I have is regarding
>> the theme. I propose that the theme be simply "How can we...?" The team
>> member can fill in the ellipsis when convening sessions. What do you think?
>>
>> Let me know if you have questions.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> All the best,
>> Jake
>>

>> *Lending Analytics in Open Space *
>>
>> Proposal (aka the Regina Kang Solution)
>>
>> Feb 7, 2019
>>
>> ·         Why?
>>
>> o   To collaborate on common, complex challenges that we face
>>
>> o   To leverage passion
>>
>> o   To innovate
>>
>> o   To encourage taking responsibility for solving problems and moving
>> into action
>>
>> o   To build rapport and enhance communication
>>
>> ·         What?
>>
>> o   Theme = “How can we…?”
>>
>> o   Team members post sessions to Sharepoint prior to the designated time
>>
>> o   Five Principles and One Law
>>
>> §  Whoever comes are the right people
>>
>> §  Whatever happens is the only thing that could have
>>
>> §  Wherever it happens is the right place
>>
>> §  Whenever it starts is the right time
>>
>> §  When it’s over, it’s over
>>
>> §  The Law of Two Feet
>>
>> ·         Who?
>>
>> o   All team members are invited
>>
>> o   Attendance is voluntary
>>
>> ·         When?

> [...]

*Barry Owen*
*Inviter - Facilitator/Practicer of Open Space Technology *
*Opening and Holding safe space for people and organizations to
self-organize around important issues and opportunities. *
*Invite - Listen - Love*

*615-568-2123*
*BarryOwen.us <http://BarryOwen.us>*

*4004 Hillsboro Pike B234*