[OSList] Fwd: Re: Regarding the bulletin board

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 01:49:02 PDT 2019

Here is my response to Moiz Amjad's inquiry on bulletin boards (without
pictures).
If anyone wants to see the pictures, I will send the complete email to
you directly.
mmp

Betreff: Re: [OSList] Regarding the bulletin board
Datum: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 10:45:07 +0200
Von: Michael M Pannwitz <mmpannwitz at gmail.com>
An: moizamjad at gmail.com

Dear Moiz,

good luck with your os event on a small level.

Here are some pictures.

The first picture shows a bulletin board with the issues participants
posted. Here you see that each beginning time for breakout sessions has
a separate pinwall (6 pinwalls for the 6 beginning times spread over two
days).
Participants posted their issues on A3 size yellow papers according to
the time that they wanted to have their issues worked on.
Each yellow issue paper has a post-it stuck to it, showing the time and
the space for that session.

The second picture shows the postits arranged on a separate flipchart
for a 2 day os event with 5 beginning times for breakout sessions. Each
post it has the beginning time it is intended for and the space (with a
symbol such as a sun, moon, star, cloud, flower as in this case).
Right next to the flipchart you see an empty bulletin board with the
beginning time it is intendet for. On the flipchart you also see a
postit that has pins stuck into it for participants to use to fasten
their issue sheets.

The third picture shows a bulletin board in the Market phase of the os
event where participants have used up all the postits (with time and
space noted on them and stuck to their issues, you see the empty sheets
on the flipchart to the left where the time and space postits were
arranged and are now stuck to the issues) and two participants are seen
planning which breakout session they want to attend.

Speaking generally, you can use any wall for a bulletin board. In my
practice that were wooden walls (such as in gyms of schools), movable
separation walls in a very large room usually wood, a row of tables with
a row of more tables placed on top of then them with their surfaces
facing participants (stability!), stone walls, tapestry walls, etc.
Each requires a method to attach the issue sheets (pins, sticky tape,
etc.) so that they can easily be moved when participants want to change
beginning times, the day, the space or bunch issues that appear to be
similar or the same.

I am sending you this directly since the OSLIST does not readily accept
attachments.

Contact me directly with any questions you may have.
You may also search for an os worker near you in the Open Space World
Map, see here
> https://www.openspaceworldmap.org/

And, of course, you are invited to include yourself there, too.

Have a great day
mmp
Am 23.08.2019 um 08:49 schrieb Moiz Amjad via OSList:
> Hello, I have just been introduced to OST and am really excited to try it out at a small level.
>
> While planning for the things to prepare, I am a little confused about the Bulletin Board. Can anyone please send me a picture of a prepared BB that I may be able to use as a prototype?
>
> Really appreciate any help that you may be able to extend. My email address is moizamjad at gmail.com.
>
> Thank you and best regards
>
> Moiz Amjad

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49 - 30-772 8000
mmpannwitz at gmail.com

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 487 resident Open
Space Workers in 76 countries working in a total of 142 countries worldwide
www.openspaceworldmap.org

At my publisher you find books and task cards on open space, most in
German, some in English, some as ebooks, some multilingual
https://www.westkreuz-verlag.de/de/Kommunikation