[OSList] Okay...Forget Certification then...How about Co-Creating a NEW OST ASSOCIATION? Such as...THE International Association for Peace and Human Understanding...?

Chris Corrigan chris.corrigan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 09:31:12 PDT 2019

Whenever I want to know if my work of Hosting an Open Space Technology meeting was useful, I give the participants a form that sinplay says “complete the following sentence. As a result of this meeting...”

The only people who should be judging the efficacy of an OST meeting are the people who called it in the first place to get their work done. In my experience, they are happy if the meeting has helped them.

My work is always directed towards client needs. Some times we do Open Space. Sometimes we do it in a way that would drive a “by the book” person crazy. But it’s about the clients. I doubt there is a way my process could be formalized in a way that works better for my clients than sitting down and listening to their needs.

There is already a network of Open Space Institutes who steward this practice. There is an international association of facilitators who can join if you want certification.

I find myself constantly wanting to defend this radical openness. Mark, what is behind your string desire for something more formal than what we already have?

Chris.

CHRIS CORRIGAN
www.chriscorrigan.com