[OSList] Trello Boards & Open Space

Tony Budak tonybudak at tbmw.org
Tue Aug 13 13:57:35 PDT 2019

Tony Budak, Tom Brown, and Barry Owen were hanging out on the OS Hotline
today, and the conversation was rambling (as usual)  We wondered about
using TRELLO as the "Bulletin Board" for an ongoing event with
participants in a variety of locations. Has anyone done this? If so, is
there a "Template" for a Trello Board out there somewhere? Just an
attempt not recreate a wheel that's already been created?

Here's a little background about how we got to where we are. Tony has a
community group that we think has great potential for "scaling" quickly
similarly to the short story below:

I Barry) once facilitated an OS Meeting with a group of MBA students. I
opened the space during their normal class period, and we had enough
time for 1 round of sessions. When we created the bulletin Board, we
imagined that the event were a 3 day meeting - 50 students posted 45
sessions. When the class ended, the students self-organized to convene
ALL of the sessions in coffee shops, student center, etc. The results
were cataclysmic because their proceedings were not pleasing to the
college administrators. I was not asked to do the following semester,
but I DID learn (again) that Open Space always works.

1- Please share and tell us about any _hosting_ examples (drafts,
templates or public) of Trello Boards, https://trello.com/home
<https://trello.com/home> using Open Space Tech?
2- And share if you know about a Trello Board explaining Open Space
Tech  as  in "to do, doing, done" with OST as the Board content, empty
process only?

  PS - If you haven't tuned in to the weekly OS Hotline, chime in some
time . . . It's always been worth the time invested for me

Barry Owen and Tony Budak

*_
_*