[OSList] conversation & listening in Pittsburgh

Skye Hirst skyeh at autognomics.org
Thu Nov 1 17:31:02 PDT 2018

Thx Lucas this is great!!!

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 7:51 PM Lucas Cioffi via OSList <

> Hello Tricia,
>
> I lived in Charlottesville during the race-based violence of 2017.  A few
> weeks afterwards, I held listening circles in the public space downtown.
> Here are the notes and lessons learned
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hORFwWZ92bBItQ95NfsqBAX81j3CIW0WQO7KFHX6FDw/edit>
> that I and the other organizers compiled, and those notes might be helpful
> for your organizing.
>
> To provide a sense of what this looks like here's a photo of the news
> coverage
> <https://qiqochat.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/screen-shot-2017-09-12-at-9-23-56-am.png?w=1000>,
> and here is a blog post with photos
> <https://americantownhalls.wordpress.com/2015/03/26/the-american-townhall-on-anything/>
> of where I did something very similar in 2015 (opening space with 4
> chairs).  Coincidentally this was right where the car drove into the crowd
> of people counter-protesting the alt-right rally in 2017.
>
> Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your community.
>
> Lucas Cioffi
> Hastings on Hudson, NY
> 917-528-1831
>

> On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 5:48 PM Tricia Chirumbole via OSList <
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> My friends and I are holding daily conversation & listening spaces on the
>> streets near the Tree of LIfe Synagogue in Pittsburgh, PA where the mass
>> shooting occurred this past Saturday .
>>
>> We are looking to establish a basic set of agreements and intentions for
>> listening and dialogue - both for alignment among our core team, and
>> highlights to post on signs and website for our volunteers and those who
>> stop by.
>>
>> We are promoting an open space to welcome people as they are , and want
>> to provide compassion-fueled support and listening and avoid closing people
>> down or getting embroiled in any negativity or political discourse.
>>
>> Any advice is most welcome :)
>> Past archives can be viewed here:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/oslist@lists.openspacetech.org

> Past archives can be viewed here:

*Skye Hirst, PhD*
President - The Autognomics Institute
*Conversations in Radical Self-Knowing*
www.autognomics.org
@autognomics
207-593-8074

*"Nature ever flows, stands never still. Motion or change is her mode of
existence."*
*- Ralph Waldo Emerson*