[OSList] Marking a New National/Regional Educational Policy -examples of Open Space meeting being set up?

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Thu Nov 1 10:55:04 PDT 2018

Hi Inga

I add an example from 15 years back when I facilitated an OST with participants from 16 municipalities in Sweden around the theme How do we create the future “gymnasieskola” (grade 10-12). I think there were about 100 participants, mainly youth and politicians.

I still remember some comments in the closing circle: Some of the student expressed astonishment “it is actually possible to talk with politicians”. Some of the politicians expressed astonishment “it  is actually possible to talk with youth”. Rocket science? No, but still people often think they cannot have good conversations with each other. And of course the traditionally used structures are not really working.

So open up space 😊

As convergence people from the same municipality met to decide what they wanted to take home and continue to work on locally now. Otherwise the main aim was to get input into the process of reforming the school system on a national level.

Thomas